What is the Twitch no-ban list?

0

A LEAK “don’t ban” list recently made waves across the internet from Twitch, an online streaming gaming platform.

The list would no longer be active.

2

Twitch is an online streaming service focused on live videoCredit: Getty Images – Getty

What is the Twitch no-ban list?

On October 5, 2021, an anonymous user of the 4chan website posted a 125 GB torrent containing what it claimed to be “all” of Twitch.tv.

Twitch subsequently confirmed the leak as a breach of their inside information.

The leak contained the streamer’s payment details from 2019, source code for several versions of the Twitch client, Twitch SDKs and Amazon Web Services code, as well as a brand new game client.

Tic took to twitter, stating: “We can confirm that a breach has taken place. Our teams are urgently working to understand the extent of this. We will notify the community as soon as more information becomes available. Thank you for your patience.”

Part of the leak shared a document with a list of streamers titled “do_not_ban_list”. The list would no longer be active.

The list reportedly showed users that some streamers are capable of creating and posting content with little to no consequences.

According to the Washington Post, several Twitch employees who remain anonymous said the list would be out of date by about five years.

One of the anonymous staff said “[The list was] basically a way to add a red notification on the reports against [a] channel to notify admins working on reports that there are agreements in place or that the channel is authorized to do certain things. Often it was used to authorize what we now call IRL flows. “

Some users who saw the controversy were reportedly on the list, including names like Tyler “Tyler1” Steinkamp, ​​Bryan “RiceGum” Le, and Hassan Bokhari.

According to anonymous staff members, these users would have been more likely to break the rules without penalty.

Twitch is available for download on mobile devices

2

Twitch is available for download on mobile devicesCredit: Getty Images – Getty

What is Twitch?

Twitch is a US live video streaming service that focuses on live streaming of video games.

Founded in June 2011, the website is a spin-off of the streaming platform and parent company Justin.tv, which closed in 2014.

That same year, Amazon acquired Twitch for $ 970 million in an all-cash deal.

According to the Twitch.tv website, “Twitch is where millions of people come together every day to chat, interact and create their own entertainment together.”

Along with live video game streaming, the website features music broadcasts, creative content, and IRL streams – meaning “in real life.”

Twitch has over 3 million monthly broadcasters and over 15 million daily active users.

Who Uses Twitch?

Based on demographics, 65% of Twitch users are men, while the remaining 35% are women.

In total, there are over 140 million viewers of Twitch, with the United States representing roughly 44 million of them.

The website itself is dominated by younger viewers, with 41% of users aged 16-24. 32% of users are in the 25-34 age group, with 17% in the 35-44 age group. Only 7 percent of users are in the 45-54 age group, with an even smaller percentage of 3 percent for the 55-64 age group.

Although Twitch does not publish information about how its content is viewed, the estimate is that almost 35% of users are from mobile devices.

The app has been installed over 100 million times, according to the Play Store.

The most popular user on Twitch is Ninja, who has over 16.9 million subscribers on his channel. In second position comes Tfue, with more than 10.6 million subscribers.



Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.