Torrent Power resumes distribution to Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu


Torrent Power on Friday announced a formal takeover of power distribution operations in the Union Territories (UTs) of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, one of the first UTs to be privatized under the government program.

Torrent Power will now serve approximately 150,000 customers in UT through a newly formed entity, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu Power Distribution Corporation Limited (DNHDD Power Distribution Company).



The new entity will see Torrent Power hold 51% of the capital while the UT administrator of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu will hold the remaining 49% of the capital.

With a customer base of around 150,000, the new DNHDD Power Distribution Company will achieve annual sales of 9 billion units of power and an annual revenue of around Rs 4,500 crore.

According to Varun Mehta, Executive Director – Distribution, Torrent Power, said that with the addition of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, the company will have a total customer base of 3.8 million in 12 cities and annual sales of 24 billion units of power. and peak demand of 5,000 MW in its licensed and franchised areas of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu.

In the past, Torrent Power had acquired and led the turnaround of distribution networks in cities like Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Surat in Gujarat; Bhiwandi, Shil, Mumbra and Kalwa in Maharashtra and Agra in Uttar Pradesh.

Dear reader,

Business Standard has always endeavored to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that matter to you and that have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your constant encouragement and feedback on how to improve our offering has only strengthened our resolve and commitment to these ideals. Even in these challenging times stemming from Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative opinions and incisive commentary on relevant topical issues.
However, we have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to bring you more great content. Our subscription model has received an encouraging response from many of you who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of bringing you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practice the journalism we are committed to.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

digital editor

Comments are closed.