Tixati 2.86 – Neowin
Tixati is a free, easy-to-use BitTorrent client offering detailed views of all seed, peer, and file transfer properties. Also included are powerful bandwidth mapping and throttling capabilities, along with a full DHT implementation. Tixati is one of the most advanced and flexible BitTorrent clients available. And unlike many other customers, Tixati contains NO SPYWARE, NO ADS, and NO GIMMICKS.
The portable version of Tixati is intended to run on a USB stick or other portable medium. It stores all of its configuration files in the same folder as the executable binary files, and all file paths are stored in a format relative to the program’s executable folder.
It is important not to delete the “tixati_portable_mode.txt” file in the executables folder. This file is what triggers Tixati to run in portable mode. (The executable binaries are actually the same as the standard edition binaries.)
When running the portable edition from a USB flash drive, especially the one formatted as FAT16 / FAT32, you may experience some lag when initially loading a new transfer. This is because initializing and allocating large files on flash media consumes more time and resources than a conventional hard drive.
Tixati has the following characteristics:
- detailed views of all aspects of the swarm, including peers, parts, files, and trackers
- Magnetic links support, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnetic link is available
- Ultra-efficient peer choke / de-choke algorithms ensure the fastest downloads
- peer-to-peer connection encryption for added security
- Complete Distributed Hash Table (DHT) implementation for trackless torrents, including detailed message traffic graphs and customizable event logging
- advanced bandwidth mapping of overall traffic and traffic per transfer, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outgoing traffic for trade and bootstrapping
- Highly flexible bandwidth throttling including negotiation / seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual and peer transfers
- bitfield graphs that show the completeness of all uploaded files, what other peers have, and the health of the overall swarm
- Customizable event logging for each download and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm
- expert local file management functions that allow you to move files to a different partition even when the download is still in progress
- 100% compatible with BitTorrent protocol
- Native Windows and Linux-GTK versions available
Tixati 2.86 changelog:
- fixed several rendering issues with bandwidth / memory / CPU graphics when displaying large amounts
- fixed scrolling issues with the mouse wheel in Windows 7 and earlier
- Fixed message loop recursion issue in Windows 7 that could eventually lead to a crash
- minor fixes and optimizations of internal HTTP client used for trackers, RSS, update of IP filter
- Updated TLS libraries used for general HTTPS outbound connections and the WebUI HTTPS server
- major redesign of WebUI
- Added categories to WebUI including the ability to add, remove, filter, move transfers, etc.
- transfer names in WebUI now show flags for private, partial, or created
- peer lists in WebUI show additional information such as flag, location
- much better list layout in WebUI, with more compact output and tooltips for extra long names
- new automatic CSS support for the WebUI HTML template file to prevent flickering when loading
- automatically generated TLS certificates used for HTTPS WebUI server now use SHA256
- many other minor web UI fixes and improvements
- fixed a bug in GTK file selection dialogs that prevented remembering the last location
- minor fixes in GUI window Add Category
- updated built-in IP location tables
All of the movies shown in the screenshot above are from PublicDomainTorrents.info: Free and legal torrent downloads.
Be alerted of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware