How to Increase Download Speed of uTorrent 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to increase uTorrent download speed. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Increase uTorrent Download Speed. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to increase uTorrent download speed
For many computer users, the word “torrent” is associated with pirated software. Admittedly, torrents have a bad reputation among many others because they assume that it is illegal to download a torrent. While it’s true that many pirate sites use torrents to illegally download and distribute content, torrenting as a technology is a completely legitimate way to share large files online. In fact, there are many torrents that are completely legal to use. Sharing large files via the BitTorrent protocol has been around for years, long before software piracy became a major issue.
Major software distributions, such as Linux operating system packages, use torrents to deliver software to end users. Therefore, it is important to know that using BitTorrent or uTorrent (or any other torrent client) is not illegal per se. Using these programs will not get you jailed, banned by your ISP, or commit copyright infringement.
However, if you’re using the copyrighted media sharing protocol (and if you’re unlucky or careless), these things can happen. Now that that’s cleared up, let’s get to the good stuff. All of the examples here use uTorrent, but if you’re using a different client, most of these methods will still work. You just need to find the right setting in your client.
How to Increase uTorrent Download Speed
Increase uTorrent Download Speed by Adjusting uTorrent Settings
Optimized uTorrent can give you maximum download speed. You can follow the following steps:
- In the “Options” tab, select “Preferences”.
- In the “Bandwidth” tab, select the following options:
- From set global download speed limit Maximum download speed: 100 kB/s
- From defined global download rate limit Maximum download rate: 0 (0 means unlimited)
- From Number of connections defined Global Maximum number of connections: 2330
- Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 250
- Number of download slots per torrent: 14
- Click on Apply and finally on OK.
Increase uTorrent speed from Advanced tab settings
You can adjust two more settings in the Advanced tab and increase the download speed of uTorrent.
- Click Options -> Preferences -> Advanced.
- Click “bt.connect_speed” and set the value to “80”, press “Set”. Do not close the tab yet. We need to change one more value.
- Now in the Filter field, paste this text “net.max_halfopen”, you will see the options below, click on it and change the value from 500 to 100. Then press set.
- Now press OK to save the settings.
Increase uTorrent Download Speed by Adjusting Queuing Options
- In Options -> Preferences, select Queue. All you have to do is set the value of the maximum number of active torrents (upload or download) to 1.
Speed up torrent downloads by connecting directly to seeds
Often, your computer’s firewall slows down torrent downloads by inspecting all torrent data. To disable this feature, you need to make sure “Enable PnP Port Mapping” is enabled. Although this option is enabled by default. If you haven’t changed it, you’ll find it enabled.
To make sure this option is enabled, go to OPTIONS, from there select PREFERENCES, then click Login. Just make sure PnP port mapping is checked. Also make sure the “Add Windows Firewall Exception” check is enabled.
Final Words: How to Increase uTorrent Download Speed
Hope you understand this article How to Increase uTorrent Download Speed, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.